Wednesday, October 1, 2008

But I Still Love Technology

My pictures somehow got erased from the memory I found out today. Lame I know. I had two weeks worth of really cool pictres. Oh well. I have over two years to take more.

So whats been going on you ask? Been staying pretty busy. We have spanish class, which can be boring, yet necessary if I am going to get anything done here. We went to a market in Chosica to buy products to make Roto, a local dish, and arroz con lech, a dessert. It´s pretty good. My WATSAN group visited the town of Nieveria, where we did a pretty basic diagnostic of the water system. The town also uses eco-toilets, which helps take care of waste problems. I think one of the best things about WATSAN is that so much of what we do is hands on. We had a class yesterday on maintanence. We learned how to bend and connect PVC pipes using very simple heat sources. This saturday we get to head back to La Agraria to continue more of the organic gardening.

I have no idea where I am going to be placed. My APCD is busy looking at sites for us to be placed in. Guess I will just keep playing the waiting game.

Thats all for now. Maybe I will eventually get some pics somewhere on the web. Love to the fam.

No comments: