Thursday, September 18, 2008

First week...

Rich is alive and well in Peru. Things don´t seem real yet. Luckily there are whole bunch of other people who are in the exact same boat. We are slowly getting into the more technical aspects of training. The classes deal in culture, language, and technical work (in my case water sanitation). No real idea what I am doing yet. Matt and I got to travel to a town outside of Choclacayo (our training center) and talk with someone in a government office about waste management, on our own. It was pretty cool to work on our own. Much of the training keeps of pretty contained at the centro.

My host familia is cool. They have had other volunteers, so they know what to expect. They help with the spanish. Saturday we get to go into Lima to get a feel of the city.

One blog down, many more to come. Love to my people out there.

No comments: