Saturday, November 7, 2009

Finally...some perspective on things...

So, I know that it has been nearly a year since I wrote anything in this blog. Sure things have been happening that are perhaps noteworthy; visiting different places in Peru, my awesome girlfriend, beards come and gone. Honestly, I am not one for maintaining a blog. Rico is too busy being suave to even attempt such an accolade. But finally an event occured in my life so prfound, that it finally made me appreciate being in Peru.

It goes down like this. Yesterday, while cutting some rebar needed for a project, I cut my hand. It was a pretty deep cut and required that I come down to the hospital to get it stitched. Now, I was worried that this would be a long and difficult process, much like what is experienced in the States (a veces). But what I found was a pretty simple process. Did it help that I was a gringo volunteering in Peru? Maybe. At this point in my time as a volunteer, I will take what I can get. To get a couple of stitched put in my hand, which would have cost hundreds of dollars in the states, cost me less than a dollar. The experience made me really appreciate my experience.

But just how easy would that process be for a local Peruvian?

So any way, got cut, but learned something in the process.

Sorry about any errors Dad.

2 comments:

cathych said...

Only one, my man, only one, that you were concerned about me! Glad to read your post, and hope your hand is okay. Stitches come out easy, so I have found, though I am usually scared to death of getting them out. Take care and may lines always be short and swift for you.

Pops

MAKIS said...

ME ASUSTASTES A MI TAMBIEN... PERO YA PASO TODO... TKM